Spotto's Touhoumon Runs

Monday, July 22, 2013

Randomlocke Challenge 5: Darker and Edgier

Current Roster

Previously...on Spotto's Randomlocke Challenge of Touhoumon Emerald 1.8, the sudden fall of Haruka is hurdled with the glimmering beginning of a coherent plot...

Judge: ...and that is why you are subject to the Ministry should you someday die.
Huuurg: Interesting...I should bring this up to Morality next time I visit the box.
Judge: No! The point is not to listen to Morality. He is terrible!
Huuurg: But his name speaks otherwise?
Swag: You know, you being a zombie...is it actually possible for you to die? ...can I test that?

 photo mokou3_38_zps7825d9aa.png 

Oh hey guys, Steven's here again to explain the never-before mentioned invisible walls we keep running into!
Skittles: When did you guys finish talking?
Wish: When you guys were still squabbling.
Skittles: ...are you better now?
Wish: All fired up and ready for action!

 photo mokou3_39_zpsd0fde734.png 

We'll only be able to solve this sudden crisis by defeating Steven once again.
Wish: Let me burninate them first, Snazzy!
Let's wait a bit for you, Wish.

 photo mokou3_40_zpsaf51c12d.png

...or the invisible walls are actually caused by other Flankholes.
Nue: Flankhole! I've come with an important message!
Flankhole: Eh?

 photo mokou3_41_zps6118ca39.png 

Nue: Wait hold on, let me take care of this first. YOUR FATHER SMELT OF ELDERBERRIES AND YOUR MOTHER WAS A HAMSTER!
Flankhole: Wait no! Tell me what you wanted to say first--

 photo mokou3_42_zps2cec5cc2.png

Judge: HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY PARENTS WHO SACRIFICED EVERYTHING FOR MY UPBRINGING!
Nue: HURK! Curse...my kind's impulse...to cause....havoc.... *dies*
Flankhole: NOOOO! What were you going to say!?

 photo mokou3_43_zpsfb37d5b5.png

Uhm...I think that Nue was here for a reason?

 photo mokou3_44_zpscec913ad.png

Steven: Nonsense. Now the pathway is clear and you may continue on your Touhoumon adventures. Now take this, it will allow you to identify any more of these pests to clear the traffic for other trainers along the way.
Flankhole: Fellow Nue...I will someday avenge you...

 photo mokou3_45_zpsb04cd9c7.png

Judge: I don't know what came over me during that impulse, Flankhole. I am sincerely sorry.
Flankhole: Ah well, it probably wasn't too important anyway.
Judge: But you just vowed vengeance! 
Flankhole: Which will come in time! Until then, it's out of our hands.

 photo mokou3_46_zps1d91accd.png

I also forgot to mention the giant catfish we obtained from the hostages after we defeated Team Aqua.
Skittles: Wait, those captives had a water-type this entire time but didn't douse out the admin at all?
Swag: I knew there was something I liked about them.

 photo mokou3_47_zps514e7dce.png

Offscreen: the murder of flying-types everywhere
Swag: I almost wish you let Wish do this for the delightful aroma of grilled bird.
We get it Swag. You relish in schadenfreude.

 photo mokou3_48_zps3be2a390.png

So many trainers...so many double battles.

 photo mokou3_49_zpsde4ac93c.png 

Huuurg: Hmm, this one can potentially explode.
Skittles? You want to swap out?
Skittles: Uh, I think we can handle this one...
Huuurg: I am here to assist you and to be, as Snazzy as once said, "your meatshield"
Meatshield ahoy!

 photo mokou3_50_zps3bac0c1a.png

Wish: ALRIGHT! Time to burn everything to the ground!
Wish, wait--

 photo mokou3_51_zps8990f8c7.png

Wish: ...zzzZzzzzZzzzz
Flankhole: Well that's one way to control him.

 photo mokou3_52_zps607cea70.png

Wish: I'm awake! I'm awake! This bunny shall be my next vict--

 photo mokou3_53_zpsfcef3d4a.png 

Huuurg: Ah, a meal just for me? I am honoured.
Wish: Whhhhyyyy??!
Not yet, Wish, not yet.

 photo mokou3_54_zps12da60ec.png 

Huurug: whu--...that wasn't a meal for me at all?
See? I want to keep the bunny.

 photo mokou3_01_zps97f6c549.png

Trix: Sorry Huurg. I'm only for kids.
Wish: ...
Skittles: ...
Swag: ...
Flankhole: ...
Judge: Hopefully you will never use her.
Trix: You can use me anytime, honey.
Another candidate to be forever-box'd!

 photo mokou3_55_zps8043aa5d.png 

Wish: Ha! That messed up rabbit called you a kid!
Judge: Despite that jab, even you are better than that despicable puppet.

 photo mokou3_56_zpsd7d5f46b.png

Wish: What's that supposed to be mean? "Despite"?
Judge: Let me spell it out for you in layman's terms. I dislike you.
Wish: But...I like you!
Judge: That's all well and good, but it will continue to be unrequited.
Skittles: Hey, can we all shut up and notice THAT CRAZY LAUGHING PUPPET IN FRONT OF ME!?!?
Oh meeeeatshield~!

 photo mokou3_57_zpsaee9a8c7.png

Huuurg: Why, if I had tastebuds I'd describe that meal as a bit too spicy.
Skittles: ...your mouth is on fire! Do we have a water-type in the...oh what am I saying we never do!
Huuurg: It's alright, I can't feel a thing. Though...I do wonder if I'll be able to speak after this is put ou...HARHFbahfbhfgjfghgsfgfh.
Well shit.

 photo mokou3_58_zpsc6c597cb.png 

Kaguya: ...what is this disgrace!? Those puppets are completely ignoring us!
Eirin: Yes, it seems they are trying to put out that zombie puppet over there.
Kaguya: How asinine. A zombie is merely a soulless husk, so trying to help it is entirely fruitless.
Judge: ...black.
BANG

 photo mokou3_59_zps32cad6e2.png

Clerk: ...sorry, you are not allowed into this facility with any flammable materials. Also you need a candy case.
All I asked was for water!

 photo mokou3_60_zps24c8c506.png

Wish: And not one blade of grass was touched! See guys, I can do this without blowing everything up...why is Huuurg still on fire?
WHY DO BURN HEALS DO NOTHING!?

 photo mokou3_61_zps258ec40a.png

Flankhole: Why don't we toss Huuurg into the ocean?
He can't swim.
Skittles: Why not go back to the box and get that fish we obtained earlier?
Its attacks will drown Huuurg.
Judge: ...why not do the logical thing and heal him at the Eirin Center?
That's where we're going but all these damn puppets are in the way!
Swag: And the idiot forgot repels.
Oh I'm sorry, I thought Yuukas were nature's repels.
Swag: ...
Wish: BURN.

 photo mokou3_62_zps982e0df0.png

Skittles: Oh god not ag-- HUUURG WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?
Judge: ...he ate another one.
Swag: It's not often I'm impressed, but....I'm impressed.
Wish: He should have your name!!
Swag: If I had never existed, perhaps he would.
Alright, that was the last one.

 photo mokou3_02_zpsad07f5ca.png

Huuurg: Yes, if I had tastebuds, those things would be quite delectable.
Flankhole: You're insane! You must teach me your ways.
Swag: His ways of being a rotting corpse? I can teach you that too, just like I want to teach a certain fancy-hatted individual who happens to be in this room...
whistles
Wish: I think he means you, Judge.
Judge: ...
Skittles: I assume we're going back to the safari zone after this.
But I don't have a candy c--
Skittles: You do now.
Skittles, you're ridiculous! Let's go.

 photo mokou3_63_zps61d59d98.png

....it ran away. :(
Oh well, so much for this area.

 photo mokou3_64_zpsde7d5a31.png

My favourite part is how our massacre of flying types always ends up on TV.

 photo mokou3_65_zps1a614109.png 

Flankhole: I don't remember that fight being so violent...
Oh, they must've made it flashier for ratings.
Swag: What the hell? I should be the one 'causing that rain of blood! How can a Nue even use Energy Light!? The producers of these things are idiots!
Well, they do exclusively use flying types...

 photo mokou3_66_zpsfe10185a.png

Judge: Speaking of flying-types, that happens to be the next gym.
Sweet! Wish, you are allowed to go full power.
Judge: I don't think that's such a good idea.
FULL POWER!
Wish: You're the best, Snazzy! The best!
Judge: ...sigh.

 photo mokou3_67_zps133392b2.png 

Ah, this feels rather nostalgic.

 photo mokou3_68_zps724c41a8.png

Skittles: How so?
I recall long ago, when I was much less experienced with the art of puppetry, a gym back in my home region of Kanto. It was entirely of grass-types.

 photo mokou3_69_zpsc623b94a.png

Swag: ...grass-types you say.
Yes, we faced many similar puppets with so many glaring weaknesses. We pretty much burnt our way through, shouting at the top of our lungs "EAT ME!" at all those Yuukas. 
Swag: Eat me, is it...
Ah, but I appreciate Yuukas more now that I have you.
Swag: Nice try, but you can't save yourself.
But truly, Swag. I am being genuine.

 photo mokou3_70_zpsd1f94f9f.png

Swag: Why don't you keep in mind one thing, Snazzy. I'm only on your team because of your experience, not because I enjoy mingling with your puppets or actually fighting for you.
Well, if it's strictly a business-like relationship...that's fine by me.
Judge: You can stop ignoring the trainers now. We're at the gym leader.

 photo mokou3_71_zpsab197c05.png

Wow that was fast.
Winona: ...don't be so cocky just because you breezed by my trainers! You'll visit Mt. Pyre directly after I'm through with you!
Let me ask you one thing, leader. Do you have a fire extinguisher around?
Winona: ...no?

 photo mokou3_72_zps3dfe88a9.png 

Judge: No fire extinguisher!? That violates so many safety regulations! You will be punished severely for endangering your puppets!
Winona: People usually do not use their fire types, and when they do, they never burn down the gym!

 photo mokou3_73_zpsad2bb52a.png 

Judge: Silence! Those who assume nothing will happen are those who regret the most in the afterlife!

 photo mokou3_74_zps04c52b53.png

Wish: How come you keep talking about fire but aren't using me D: ?
In time, Wish, in time.

 photo mokou3_75_zps57accd8c.png 

Judge: Unfortunately these puppets must be casualties to teach their neglectful owner a lesson.
Casualties? We're not actually killing them.
Judge: No, but I find falling unconscious not especially pleasant.

 photo mokou3_76_zps0b5ad77f.png

Judge: ...this one was quite stubborn.
Yeeeeah, enough righteousness with you now, Judge. Wish! YOU ARE UP!

 photo mokou3_77_zpsbfcddedb.png 

Wish: Whoa! Another fire-type!
Winona: Are you insane!? A Mokou against an Utsuho!? That will set fire to my--
Yes, yes it would.
Winona: ...I don't have a water-type. My trainers also do not.
I've got no water-types on hand either.
Winona: You can't use another puppet?
Well, they're not going to have the best chances of winning, now will they?

 photo mokou3_78_zps4094f0aa.png

FWOOSH!
Winona: YOU OMNICIDAL MANIAC! MY GYM!!
Relax, I have a fire extinguisher.
FOAM!

 photo mokou3_79_zps13c49f39.png

Winona: ...whuh!? You weren't going to burn everything down at all!?
Well, after a few previous incidents we now carry around an extinguisher.
Winona: You tricked me! 
Whatever, can I have my badge now?
Winona: GET OUT!!

 photo mokou3_81_zpse93055c7.png 

Another invisible wall!
Nue: Halt! I have a message to bring to...wait, you're that Nue on TV, aren't you?
Flankhole: What?
Nue: HA! You are! Your identity is known to the masses of the world!!
Flankhole: They never used my name on that program!
Nue: So? You're quite...recognizable.
Flankhole: AFHDKFJDSKJDFHSFJKAGHEYH
...I wonder what those Nues wanted to say...
Skittles: We may never kno--

BOOM!

A loud explosion rocked the route, throwing trainers and their puppets to the ground. Smoke pillars rose above Snazzy's crew, attempting to join up with the moon up above, but alas it was only day time and the smoke had no idea where that glowing, possibly-made-of-cheese floating rock in the sky was, so it merely dissipated into the air, never to reach its dreams...

What the hell happened!? Is everyone okay?
Huuurg: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

 photo mokou3_82_zps879f4b9d.png

Huuurg: I didn't get a chance for my next meal!
Skittles: ...that's insane. Such a huge explosion and Huuurg isn't stunned whatsoever!
Judge: He's the only reason the rest of us survived.

 photo mokou3_83_zps69a2b882.png 

Skittles: Why are we back here?
...had to pick some things up.

 photo mokou3_84_zps5cbe567a.png

Swag: ...we were heading here anyway?
I know some of you weren't around earlier, but there are some puppets that need to be laid to rest...hopefully this place will do well...

 photo mokou3_85_zpsb86a5501.png

Judge: Yes, I'm sure many of our fire problems never would have happened if a few of them were still around.
Skittles: I don't know if this is the right place to bury them....
What do you mean?
Skittles: Just a bad feeling.

 photo mokou3_86_zpsb1297903.png

CSakuya: You are correct...only misfortune awaits you in Mt. Pyre.
Huh? What do you mean?
CSakuya: I lost my mistress inside those very mountains.
But how could you lose someone in a graveyard?
CSakuya: I warn you...never enter. Never...
That CSakuya disappeared! ...aw, I wanted to catch her.
Wish: Do you think she might've been a ghost?
Judge: ...or perhaps she used her well-known time-stopping abilities to escape from being captured?
Wish: You're no fun. >:

 photo mokou3_87_zpse75d9455.png

Huuurg: Even so, I myself feel very drawn to that area...they may be my exact origins!
Flankhole: Yeah, a place like that? Full of dead people? Don't see what's the big deal.
....
Swag: They aren;'t listening.
T-that's...
Judge: It couldn't be! It's completely impossible.

 photo mokou3_88_zps613a2820.png 

Skittles: What was that about?
Wish: But Snazzy! She's with you in those orbs, isn't she?
...no, she is the only one who isn't.
Judge: You LOST her!?
No, you don't understand. Lighting was a ghost when we caught her, remember? When she was killed in battle she simply disappeared...I assumed she went to the afterlife.
Judge: But that Tojiko...it was only a soulless husk! Nothing like the Lighting we knew.
Flankhole: ...can we get some context here?
We once had a Tojiko, but she was killed. The one that trainer had...bared a very large resemblance to her.
Swag: Gee, maybe that's because she was a Tojiko!
Wish: No, it's different...all these other puppets are pretty dead-looking too!
Skittles: That's it, I'm scouting ahead! 

 photo mokou3_89_zps545be0f2.png 

Wait Skittles, don't run off on your own!

 photo mokou3_90_zpsab299184.png 

Swag: Why are we talking to the mourning people? This place is too grim.
 We need information is all...where is Skittles!?

 photo mokou3_91_zps7ee5f99c.png

Ah, your poor Rin fell the same way an old friend of mine did too...



The ground shook.



What was that?
Judge: Snazzy! It's Skittles!

 photo mokou3_92_zpsb9f256a1.png 

SKITTLES!?
Wish: YOU~!!
Swag: Calm down you unstable idiot!
Flankhole: I got this! 
Judge: That TAlice...she has the same dead eyes as those puppets outside...
Huuurg: ...they're spirits.
What?
Huuurg: This place...it is filled with restless spirits, unable to move on to the next world.
Judge: That's right...usually a cemetery is instead full of specific ghost-type puppets, drawn to the feared land. But here, none of the puppets that rest under those tombstones...not a single one has passed on.

 photo mokou3_93_zpsc7eb33ae.png

Flankhole: I don't think I sent that spirit to heaven...
So Skittles...Skittles too will never have peace!?
Huuurg: No, she has not been buried here yet...this is not the place to lay your fallen puppets, Snazzy.
Wish: You damn zombie!!
Huuurg: Huh?
Wish: You were supposed to be our meatshield! Her meatshield!
Huuurg: ...it is regrettable that I was unable to protect her, but speed is not something I excel in, and Skittles...sadly she took off from our clutches of relative safety.
Wish: Excuses!!
...Wish, I know how you feel, but it would not help the restless spirits here for this place to be in flames.
Swag: ...maybe they wanted to be cremated instead?
FWAP!
Judge: TOO SOON! 

 photo mokou3_94_zpsf7690df4.png

Skittles the HNazrin
Level 21 - 51
The Pinnacle of Courage

 photo mokou3_95_zps88df188f.png 

So these trainers are in here...catching restless spirits for their own gain!?
Zander: Of course! There is no other place in Hoenn with such variation of puppets!
Leah: And they're so easy to catch! How is that a bad thing? If we want to finish our collections, this place is it!
...Wish, don't burn the place down...just concentrate your fire on these two.

 photo mokou3_96_zps4e930cbe.png 

Wish: WILL DO!
Swag: You realize you have other puppets that can cause destruction too?
Yes, yes I do. No mercy, Swag.

 photo mokou3_97_zps1e4167fb.png 

There is one thing I don't get...
Judge: Hm?
Lighting was already a ghost, how did she end up a restless spirit here?
Judge: This is just pure speculation but...perhaps she died before we met her, and her body was buried here. Whatever it was that set off these dead puppets, it must've happened between her wanderings outside and her untimely second death.

 photo mokou3_98_zps05aecf59.png

Wish: Do you know this one Judge?
Judge: No...thankfully, but take care with reaping him. We don't know what happens to these spirits once they've been defeated.

 photo mokou3_99_zpscbc3c0b1.png

Swag: Ah, here's a wild one again...see you on the other side little fox.
CRan: ....stop...
Swag: ...oh, you can talk can't you? Well too bad, you aren't--
Wait. Let's listen to what he has to say.
Swag: ...
CRan: Free me...free me from this peril...
Swag: By murdering you? Oka--
SWAG! 
CRan: ...take me, take me with you please...
But it feels unethical to catch already-dead puppets...
CRan: ...please...just take me...I don't want to be here anymore...

 photo mokou3_100_zps933c312f.png

Judge: This is indeed fascinating. If you'll allow me, Snazzy, I'd like to study the CRan some more. 
Yeah, it's the first time we ran into one of these that could speak. Maybe those trainers were exercising mercy on the spirits by catching them?
Judge: If they lose while fighting with them they disappear anyway. 
Hm. That's a good point.

 photo mokou3_101_zps48164380.png

Swag: So, are we catching this one tooo? Or are you going to get all mopey about this again?
One is enough, but we can't move on until this spirit allows us to...so fight.
Swag: Oh, nice to see your head is still on your shoulders.
Wish: Swag, shut up.
Swag: ...

 photo mokou3_102_zps0ef84db3.png

If you look closely here, you can actually see the difference between the male and female Momiji!
Swag: ...I'm supposed to note that you broke the fourth wall.
Oh Swag, I know there is no beating heart inside your chest, but you still need to be patient for those of us who do.
Swag: ...

 photo mokou3_103_zps20960f19.png

Judge: How predictable.

 photo mokou3_104_zpsccd8eac8.png

Wait...does that explain the spirits?
Old lady: Yes, since these orbs have been taken, the spirits within the mountain cannot rest.
Old man: The orbs have been here for centuries...their supernatural power give the dead a sense of peace and allow them to sleep as they should.
So, does that mean someone, such as Team Aqua, may be able to use them to do the opposite? To wake those asleep up? Or in other words...resurrection?
Old lady: It's possible, but it's never been done before...

 photo mokou3_105_zps9020decb.png

Judge: Those nefarious bastards.
You're right, now that we know they aren't incompetent, petty thieves...there is real reason to try to stop them now. 
Wish: And the fire team stole the other one...none of them are good...none of them were ever good.
Flankhole: ...what did those Nues want to warn us about, too? Was it this?
Huuurg: ...where will you finally place your dead puppets, if I may ask?
I'll send them back to my home in the meantime, but if we manage to return those orbs, they can finally sleep in this monument. 


A/N: LOOK GUYS! PLOT! And pretty damn dreary sad-kinda plot too! Like I said, reading those Nuzlockes influenced me...and also I have absolutely no clue where I'm going with this, just making it up as I go along. Of course I was saddened by the loss of Skittles....every Touhoumon game I've played I always wanted a Nazrin and to use a Nazrin too, and the ones I played before always had a Nazrin so damn late in the game that there was no way I could've used her, and finally I did here...only for her to die. (In the worst possible place too!) I failed you, my Nazrin. ;_; Also my rule for multi-level areas in this game is that I can catch one per level, unless I end up killing it of course. So the CRan was caught on level 3 or something, and I kind of ended up moiderizing everything else. (I'm not catching the TAlice that just destroyed my Nazrin! So that nullified my first level catch.) Also I'm quite sure the TAlice used Counter or something, thus her tiny bit of health left and my no-longer-alive Nazrin. It was very surprising. ;_;

No comments:

Post a Comment